Sunday, April 26, 2009

COOP Rant #3

Sunday evening at 4:26pm. I have a full agenda, lotta shit to do, but currently I aint doing shit, and my mind is telling me I'm bored as fuck. aaaaggghhhh... This feeling is NOT cool. I want to get on the beats right now but my mind is not in the musical state to do that at the mo. It's annoying, cuz when I'm on it... I'm really on it, really making like 7-11 tracks within a couple of days. After that spurt of musical energy, I find myself back at the bottom of the wavelength, u know... the recession part of the business cycle (brush up on your econ). Infuriating... I find it hard to progress (musically) when my mind is so frequently off and on when it comes to making music. This just started happening to me sometime like last year, before then I would be able to bang out anything right quick at anytime. I wonder what's different now. I know one thing, I need to organize and re-arrange my workspace. A cluttered environment is a cluttered mind. The J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League is my favorite group of producers right now. They are killing it with the records they cut with Rick Ross, Magnificent, Maybach Music 2, Yacht Club....DAMN all them are hittin and are clean as fuck, filled with big and musical composition. "Just Undeniably Some of The Illest Composers Ever" is what their name stands for, and I can agree with that... Fuck them niggas lol. They work with live instruments and they can play them too, smh. Some day soon, we got them niggas. and I just got a lil new drumkit/pack too, some good sounds in it, but can't make shit with it right now. It's like being a kid and getting a new toy for christmas but not being able to play with the shiiiittt... and on top of that, I made a few agreements that I would be helping some people out with collabs and providing a few beats but I can't get to it. A nigga feels kinda useless! and What i need you to do is feel sorry for me lol.

School. Freshmen Year sprinted past me in a gust of wind. First semester, I made dean's list and shit, fuckin 3.5 GPA. Second semester a nigga is fuckin uuuppp lol... I'm like "aye man, fuck it, i'll get to it later"...smh. Had to drop 2 classes before I failed them hoes. Got 3 classes left, and finals are this week (i think...i dont even know). I will be taking a Music Theory/Composition class in the fall, so that is the ONLY class I'm looking forward to, even though it's at 8am (-_-) ..!.,

Within the past year...up until last night [ ;-) ], I had a lot of fun, had a lot of not so fun moments and made a lot of mistakes... but now i think i'm scopin for *wifey*...
and if i'm lucky, i'll get lucky and find one. Maybe she can serve as some inspiration (my muse) to my music. . . Lord knows ya boy needs it.

..more later, if I'm up for it.

-Pay Attention-

5 comments:

Sosa the Casanova said...

This was an EXCELLENT read.we need more!

Viintage T said...

damn right

Sosa the Casanova said...

Oh Yeah Justice League the Hottest in the GAME Hands down right now and my favorite's on the rap shit and L.O.S on this R&B shit along with Tim and Bob..

You already know my up and coming favorites is Baron Boys & Boi-1da...

I remember having that 3.5...then i figured im in engineering.i should care less about my GPA lol.Keep the Good work up Coop!

You know how the wifey hunt is!

Mouf Milly said...

Yooooo! I feel you my dude. Music just isn't the same - I remember back in high-school it was nothing to bang out 4-5 tracks weekly. I'm struggling just making a 16 freestyle nowadays - I attribute it to not having as much soon-to-be-classic material floating around the scene to be influenced by (not to say that new artist aren't making a come-up this year...)...but I feel you on the struggle.

Yo Justice League wipe their ass on Rawse's album. Classic production. I wish I had that 550 you had in the other post to ride in while listening haha...I feel like a boss in a fckin Buick listening to that ish so I can only imagine what real ballers feel like listening to that ish lol.

Stay Up homie.

The Baron Boys said...

LOL @ the Buick comment. I feel you on that though. We working out way up to the CL, "then to the Yacht Cluuuubbb" (Ross Voice)